Best Content Creation Tools
Creating content? Read more to find out how content creation tools can significantly improve your blogs and articles, social media posts, and marketing copies.
Are you a content creator or interested in becoming a content creator? Content creation has always been rather difficult as it requires a keen eye to what is relevant, important, or tending for a specific audience. It also demands a creative spark and edge to attract and engage your audience. Afterall, you must keep them coming back for more. Today, you can make your job much easier by using various content creation tools to help you with these elements. Whether you are writing short social media posts, creating articles and blogs, or putting together eBooks, these resources can help you determine what will grab your target reader’s attention, how to write it to maintain interest, and even write or edit portions of text by itself.
Follow along with this helpful article to find out everything you need to know about these handy tools, including what content creation tools are, the advantages of using them, a list of the best paid and free content creation tools, and the average costs of using content creation tools.
What Are Content Creation Tools?
Content creation tools are apps and programs you can use to help you with specific stages of content creation. They are an excellent resource for:
- Research: Researching tools is a crucial step in content creation whether you are writing marketing posts for your own brand or developing articles for another company. However, it is often the longest step in content creation, and it is hard to plant for. Research tools can help you find fresh ideas, relevant topics, trendspotting, and analyze a target audience’s behavior and interests.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Every written work online needs SEO keyword, phrases, or questions to ensure traffic flows to the page. SEO tools can help you find keywords that work for your specific topic and drive results.
- Writing: There are plenty of content creation tools that will write your text for you. All you need to do is input certain information, such as your topic and keywords, and AI magically produces an excellent copy for you.
- Editing: Editing tools are a handy resource for any writer, even if you are an expert. While basic programs can catch spelling and grammar mistakes, some programs highlight poor tenses, inconsistent language, and even tell you when to shorten sentences. It’s great to optimize readability!
Benefits of Content Creation Tools
For most content creators, researching, writing, and editing can be an incredibly long and drawn-out process. Resources and tools can streamline that process, making it quicker and less frustrating overall. Depending on the type of content creation tool you are using, you may see one or more of the following benefits:
Ensuring your content supports your brand goals
Engaging your audience, clients, or customers
Maintaining high-quality work
Publishing on a more consistent basis
Obtaining fresh ideas and new perspectives
Reaching your audience in a targeted way
Meeting marketing goals more effectively
Providing higher value experiences to your audience
Cutting down on wasted time, energy, and money
Content Creation Tools
If you do not mind spending a reasonable amount of money, you can take advantage of some of the most popular content creation tools in the industry:
Best Research Tools
- SparkToro: SparkToro provides insights into your target audience’s behavior, interests, followings, and website and search engine activity. It is especially perfect for small businesses looking to drive traffic or improve brand awareness and relationships. They have various plans with different pricings. You will find a free plan option or plans up to $225 per month.
- Google Trends: GoogleTrends analyzes top searches around the world. You can easily look at the different data graphs and determine if your topic is worth writing about at the moment. The best part? It’s completely free. You just need a google account.
- Exploding Topics: Exploding Topics helps you find emerging topics and trending topics. This tool is exceptional at analyzing data from all over the internet to provide relevant results. Their PRO packages, providing you with trending topic predictions months ahead of the curve, is $47 per month or $97 per month for more features.
- BuzzSumo: BuzzSumo offers a content analyzer, question analyzer, topic explorer, and journalist research tool. They have a free plan, a pro plan for $99 per month, a plus plan for $179 per month, or a large plan for $299 per month.
- AnswerthePublic: AnswerthePublic helps you find trending searches, in certain countries or markets. You can search for a few topics a day for free! Their pro version is $99 per month.
Best SEO Tools
- SemRush: SemRush provides many tools to help boost your visibility and traffic from SEO tools to market research to building a social media strategy. They have different plans ranging from $120 to $450 per month.
- SurferSEO: SurferSEO helps you prepare a full SEO-strategy and implement it perfectly in your text. A basic plan is only $49 per month and their largest plan is $199 per month.
- Ahrefs: Ahrefs has a free keyword and keyword question generator. However, it offers more advanced data and tools for $99 to $999 per month.
Writing and Editing Tools
- Jasper: Jasper is a state-of-the-art AI writer. It can create and curate texts quickly with zero plagiarism. They have a free trial, but offer plans for cost-effective pricing, $29 per month, and goes up to $499 per month.
- WriteSonic: WriteSonic is another excellent AI writing assistant that can help you write copies. Their pricing is exceptional as well, offering a free trial with plans that go up to $95 per month.
- AI Writer: From a simple headline, you can quickly create a full written copy. The basic plan is $29 per month, while their largest plan is $375 per month.
- Hemingway Editor: Within the Hemingway Editor, you can write your copy and the app will conveniently highlight any spelling, grammar, tense, or prose errors. You can use it for free on a web-browser or download the app for $19.99 one-time.
- Grammarly: Grammarly analyzes texts and makes suggestions for grammar, spelling, prose, punctuation, style, tone, and plagiarism. You can use the basic plan for free or upgrade your features for $30 per month.
Costs of Content Creation Tools
Most content creation tools cost between $30 and $400 a month, depending on how many words you need per month. You may need more than one tool, if you are not using a program that has comprehensive SEO strategy and writing assistance. If you wish to keep your overall costs low, invest in one full-service program, and utilize free, basic services for anything extra that you do not use daily.